0 miles from Chincoteague
O’Connor Properties is pleased to offer Jay’s Waterside Retreat.
We provide a vacation experience designed for your convenience. Our vacation properties provide just about everything you need. Just bring food and clothing and let us take care of the rest. Here’s a sampling of what we include:
Towels & Linens
Fully stocked kitchen including soaps & paper products
We are committed to doing everything we can to make our rental properties a respite to escape, relax, and REJUVENATE.
? Jay's Waterfront Retreat is part of of the owner managed properties of O'Connor Properties. We have hosted hundreds of guests in Jay's over the last 4 years and have graciously received mostly five star reviews.
* Perfect for a romantic getaway. Our waterside fire pit is the perfect place to unwind with your significant other.
* Families love crabbing and fishing from our dock and kayaking in the bay
* 3 bedrooms, 1½ bath, waterfront home, located in the private community of Oyster Bay
** Master Bedroom includes half bath with queen size bed
** Bedroom 2 features a full size bed
** Bedroom 3 features 2 twin size beds
* Comfortably accommodates groups of up to 6
* Fully stocked kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, knives, basic spices for meal prep.
* Living room: restful atmosphere with comfortable furnishings and appointments including a flat screen smart TV and DVD player. Netflix and Sling subscriptions included in your reservation.
* Dining area with seating for 6
* Outdoor areas include a spacious screened porch complete with furnishings, gas grill, and dining table with seating for 6, along with 2 additional decks. One with a waterside fire pit.
* Community Boat launch available
* Pets welcome with payment of applicable fee: $100 wk. for first pet: $50 for second
Prorated for stays less than a week. ***Please note pets not allowed on beach.*****
* Located in the quaint seaside town of Chincoteague Island. Here you will find an eclectic mix of shops with many featuring the work of Eastern Shore artisans.
* Chicoteague Island provides the foodie with many different delicitable restaurant experiences.
* Short car ride from the pristine beaches of Assateague National Seashore
* Nature lovers paradise: hiking and bicycling trails run through the Assateague Refuge
* View the world famous Chincoteague Ponies in Assateague
* Kayak from your private dock to the bay with free use of the 2 kayaks.
* Towels and linens included for 6 guests.
* 4 bicycles are provided for your use.
* We provide paper products: storage bags, toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, tissues and coffee filters. Also, hand soap, bath soap, shampoo, dish soap, and laundry soap
* Ground coffee, tea, and creamer provided
* Appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, washer & dryer, drip coffee pot & Keurig, crock pot, blender
* Dishes, pots, pans, silverware, knives, basic cooking utensils and cookware, serve ware, crab pot
* Propane grill, Crab Trap & Net
* Private Dock
* Onsite parking for 4 cars
*2 very dedicated owner/managers who truly care that you have a great experience!
? Frequently Asked Question:
* How old must you be to rent?
21 years of age
* Are the kayaks and bicycles available off-season?
Yes, they are
* Are restaurants and shops open in the off season?
Yes, there are restaurants and shops open in the off season. Days and hours of operation may
* Is the Internet reliable?
Yes, the Internet is very reliable. We provide high speed Internet with 40 mbybte download.
* Will I have access to the community boat launch?
Yes, you will have access to the community boat launch.
* Is the weekly pet fee prorated for shorter stays?
Yes, the pet fee prorated for stays less than a week: $15/ngt for first pet; an additional $7/ngt for the second. We will add pet fee for shorter stays.
* Are towels and linens provided?
Yes, all reservations include towels and linens.
* How is the cell phone service on the island?
All cell phone providers have towers on the Island.
* How far is the cottage from downtown?
Jay’s is located 1.8 miles from the center of downtown where you will find shops and restaurants.
* Is cable TV provided?
We provide Netflix and Sling subscriptions.
* Will I be able to see ponies?
Yes, the ponies are seen in Assateague throughout the year. We recommend a boat tour for pony viewing.
* Is horseback riding available? About a 15 minute drive from Chincoteague, you will find a farm that offers riding.
* Are life jackets provided?
Yes, we provide 2 adult sized life jackets.
* Can you rent bicycles and kayaks on the island?
From Easter to Thanksgiving bicycle and kayak rentals are available through local vendors.
* Do you provide Keurig pods?
No, Keurig pods are not included.
* What size bicycles are provided?
We provide 4 adult sized bicycles.
* Are children counted as part of the maximum number (6) of occupants?
Yes, they are. The house is set up to accommodate 6 people, which includes children.
* What are the checkout procedures?
*Unloading Dishwasher *Washing all Dirty Dishes * Stripping Sheets off beds used * Taking out the trash *Returning furniture & furnishings where you found them *Bagging soiled towels
*Do you provide bicycle locks?
No, we do not. You will need to bring your own.
* Do you provide fishing rods?
No, we do not provide fishing rods.
* What type of grill is provided?
We provide a gas grill.
* Do you offer early check-in?
You will be contacted as soon as the house is ready for you. It may be earlier than the 4 p.m. check-in time. However, we cannot guarantee it.